Long Beach, CA (Sunday, April 16, 2023) – David Malukas (#18 HMD Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports) didn’t have the result he was hoping for at the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach on Sunday after finishing 20th.
- Malukas saw his race hindered when contact with another car on Lap 28 sent him to pit lane for a new front wing.
- Prior to his unexpected trip to his pit box, the 21-year-old driver was having a strong run.
- Right from the start of the event Malukas immediately started moving up the field.
- He was running 20th when he made his first pit stop during a caution on Lap 22 and had made his way to 16th prior to the incident on Lap 28.
- Malukas found himself one lap down in 24th after his incident but was still able to make his way to 20th before crossing the finish line.
- The next race for the Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports team will be the Children’s of Alabama Indy Grand Prix at Barber Motorsports Park, April 28 to 30, 2023.
- Malukas will next be on track April 20th and 21st at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for an NTT INDYCAR SERIES Open Test
David Malukas, #18 Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports Honda
“We finished the race but I’m sad because I made more mistakes today. So, this weekend is going to be a weekend to absolutely forget. I drove poorly in qualifying and then still made more mistakes in the race. I’m going to go home and kick myself a little bit. But I’ll be back and ready for the test in Indy. I feel really bad for the team. They did an incredible job to make sure the car was back to where it needed to be for the race and the pit stops were so quick, and it would have been a really good race for us if I didn’t make my mistakes. I’ve learned from it, and I will move forward and be ready for our next race at Barber.”