Plainfield, IL (February 16, 2021) – Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports rookie David Malukas continued to impress during pre-season testing by registering the second fastest lap time of a two-day test at Sebring International Raceway which featured the entire NTT INDYCAR SERIES field.
17 drivers took the track on the first day of the test with 14 drivers on track on day two. Malukas took part in both test days and registered a best lap time of 51.858 seconds, only 0.007 seconds behind Colton Herta of Andretti Autosport and nearly two tenths ahead of veteran racer Romain Grosjean.
With a final pre-season test in the books, Malukas (#18 Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports) and teammate Takuma Sato (#51 Dale Coyne Racing with RWR) are ready to take on the first race of the season that goes green on Sunday, February 27 on the streets of St. Peterburg.
Top Five Results from Sebring International Raceway Test
- Colton Herta, No. 26 Andretti Autosport Honda, (51.851s)
- David Malukas, No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports Honda, (51.858s)
- Romain Grosjean, No. 28 Andretti Autosport Honda, (52.021s)
- Josef Newgarden, No. 2 Team Penske Chevy, (52.059s)
- Simon Pagenaud, No. 60 Meyer Shank Racing Honda, (52.113s)